Please follow the steps below to verify the cause of the issue:
- Open Control Panel and click Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the printer and click Printer properties.
- Click on the Ports tab.
- If no Port is checked and the list of ports is dimmed, then the issue is that the installation of Internet Printing Client failed.
Note: During installation Printix Client will normally ensure that Internet Printing Client is installed. However, as this article indicates, this may have failed. If you experience this, support would appreciate if you could supply us with the Printix Client installation logs as described in the Printix Administrator Manual. Thank you for your cooperation.
RESOLUTION: Turn on the Windows feature Internet Printing Client, as follows:
- Open Control Panel and click Programs and Features.
- Click Turn Windows features on or off.
- Scroll to and expand Print and Document Services.
- Check Internet Printing Client so it will be installed.
- Click OK.