Antivirus products are constantly having their definitions updated, and this may lead to an incorrect classification of the Printix Client software as malware.
Refer to your Antivirus product documentation on how to make exclusions for the Printix Client. Typically you need to do this for:
- Folder: C:\Program Files\printix.net\Printix Client\*
- File: C:\Program Files\printix.net\Printix Client\PrintixClient.exe
- File: C:\Program Files\printix.net\Printix Client\PrintixService.exe
- Processes: C:\Program Files\printix.net\Printix Client\PrintixClient.exe
- Processes: C:\Program Files\printix.net\Printix Client\PrintixService.exe
If an Antivirus product has charantained the PrintixService.exe and/or removed it, you may have to install Printix Client again. You can download both the EXE and MSI from the Software page.
- Connecting to service
Printix Client is trying to connect to the Printix Service on the computer. The message normally appears for a few seconds and is then replaced by the message: Fetching data. However, if the message shows for several minutes, it could be because an Antivirus product has blocked the Printix Service.
- Download of Printix Client is prevented
An Antivirus product is blocking the Printix Client EXE or MSI file.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions and/or need help.