Below please find various security related information to consider when using Printix Cloud Print Management Service. Please send any additional questions you may have to email@example.com.
What data does Printix register?
To use Printix your company must have a Printix Home in the cloud and install Printix Client software on your computer(s). Your Printix Home is isolated from other customers and your Printix Client is preconfigured to communicate with your company's Printix Home only.
In order to allow you to manage your printers via Printix Cloud and offer our services, Printix registers necessary information. This is typically the information you can see either directly or in a processed format in the Printix Administrator.
- Printers: Address, Vendor, Model name, Name, MAC address, Serial number, Capabilities, Page counters, Consumables data, and statistics.
- Computers: Address, Hostname, Type (Laptop, Desktop, Server), System (Windows, Mac).
- Users: Name, Email, Role. As for passwords, please see Authentication below.
- Documents: Name, Number of pages, Color, 2-sided, and where and when it was submitted, printed, and deleted.
- Documents are encrypted and stored until they expire and/or get deleted.
- Documents do not leave your network.
- Document names can only be seen by the owner of the document.
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) with a key length of 256 bits is used to encrypt documents.
- All Printix communication inside and outside the network is secured with encryption and the use of HTTPS (SSL/TLS). You can see information about the Network ports in the Printix Administrator Manual.
- SNMP v1 is used to collect information from printers. Please inform us if you require SNMP v3.
- Print data is sent unencrypted to the printer. Please inform us if you require print data to be sent encrypted.
- Printing directly to the printer is just as secure as compared to traditional network printing.
- With Print later and Print anywhere you have the option to wait until you have arrived at the printer, and only then release the documents via your smartphone. No more stressful "print and sprint" to prevent others from collecting your documents from the output bin of the printer. You can read more about the print process in the Printix Administrator Manual.
- Users are required to register and sign in to use Printix.
- With Azure/Office 365 authentication enabled, users' passwords are handled entirely by Microsoft Azure AD.
- With Active Directory authentication enabled, users' passwords are not stored by Printix, but can be transferred securely via LDAPS to the local Active Directory server for authentication.
- For users that authenticate directly with Printix, passwords are protected through salted password hashing. Users can reset a password themselves. Their email address is required for this to work. Passwords must be minimum 6 characters in length and contain uppercase letters, lowercase letters, and digits.
- Printix uses roles to control what functions a user can perform. You can see information about Roles in Printix Administrator Manual.
- Users are notified by email when their role is changed.
Please send any additional questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org.