Migrating multiple sites, like branch offices and campuses.
- Printix is already deployed at the first site.
Step 1: Add site
Install Printix Client on a computer at the site you want to add.
- If you can remotely sign in to the computer as administrator, then you can also install Printix Client. Sign in to Printix Client.
- Alternatively use Add user to invite a user at the site you want to add. If possible call and notify the user in advance. Wait for this user to install and sign in to Printix Client. You can also use your own email account to send an explanatory message that includes a link to the Printix Client download page. Example: acme.printix.net/download
The user’s computer appears on the Computers page as being on an Unknown network.
- Use Add network and give the network a descriptive name.
- Use Add to network to add the gateway (LAN and/or Wi-Fi) of the computer to the network.
- Open the Computer properties page of the computer and click Discover printers.
If there are additional sites, then install on these also, to make the copy of the print infrastructure.