- Printix Client for Windows version 1.3.1000.0.
- Printix Client for Mac version 1.3.1002.0.
- Printix App version 2.0.12.
- Printix Chromebook version 188.8.131.52.
- Printing can now work if there is no physical computer with Printix Client online on the printer network or if printers and computers are kept on separate networks (Zero trust). On the Computer properties page you can add Virtual adapters. The computer in question must be able to route (via VPN) to the printers on the printer network(s). The computer, preferably a server, will typically run in the cloud, for example Azure. See also: How to add a virtual Printix Client to a network.
- Integrates with Universal Print by Microsoft. Extend Universal Print with Printix secure and mobile printing. Printix keeps your documents local when possible offering saved bandwidth and print resilience even when there is no Internet connection. Continue to manage your print queues and print drivers for macOS and all Windows editions (10, 8, 8.1 and 7), and easily publish selected print queues, for example the Printix Anywhere print queue, with Universal Print based on Azure AD groups. Use Azure AD groups to control which users must print securely and release their documents from their phone with Printix App or from the touchscreen control panel of a printer that has Printix Go installed. No need to deploy Universal Print connector and register printers, as Printix Client version 1.3.950.0 and later enables your printers to work with Universal Print. Please contact us if you want to test our integration with Universal Print.
- Printix Cloud Print API now support printer native formats in addition to PDF, thereby making it possible to print via the API to many label printers.
- Troubleshooting the network setup can now be done with two new functions on the Computer properties page. Select Test network to test if communication to the networks' gateways is working. Select Ping IP address to verify if a printer can be reached (responds to a ping request). On the Printer properties page, Printers page and Unregistered printers page, you can now copy the printer's IP address to the clipboard by hovering on the address and then select the appearing Copy IP address icon. Test network may take minutes rather than seconds if the network has many gateways.
- Printix Client can now be configured via useGroupPermissions to set security permissions on print queues. Exclusive access groups on print queues will now limit the security permissions accordingly, and only users being members of the Exclusive access groups will be able to see and print to the restricted print queues. Before all installed print queues was made available to the signed in user. This is useful in Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) and Remote Desktop Server (RDS) environments.
- Printix Client for Windows support StartAsVDI value of 2 (0x00000002) to allow it to update itself automatically.
- Printix Client, in addition to LAN and WLAN adapters, now also detects and supports mobile broadband adapters, like 4G SIM cards.
- Tabloid paper format is now parsed correctly.
- Possible to check Keep data forever when extracting data to own database for analytical purposes. By default, data is kept for 90 days if using own database and 30 days if using Printix database.
- Delayed printing seen with a Ricoh Aficio SP 5200DN but could be experienced with other printers. When Printix Client is done sending data to the printer, it closes its part of the connection and waits for the printer to close its connection, so the Printix Client can send the next document. However, in some rare cases the printer does not close the connection in a timely fashion (when there was no data, but rather when it detects lack of activity). Printix Client will now handle such missing closes more gracefully, and make sure to continue if the printer does not send any data back.
- Printix Client had rare issue with DNS lookup of proxy server.
- Printix Client is using a new certificate and until this has an establish reputation you have to select Run anyway if prompted by Microsoft Defender SmartScreen.
- Printix Client for Mac now support number of copies.
- Printix Client for Mac could fail on printing with certain print drivers resulting in the message: Stopped - 'Filter' failed. To resolve use Printix Client for Mac version 1.3.978.0 or later to upload the print driver again, and then select and lock the newly uploaded print driver for the print queues in question and then update these print queues on computers. Seen with Xerox AltaLink B8045 and Xerox AltaLink C8045 print driver and Canon iR-ADV C5535/5540 Z print driver.
- If Process PDF/XPS was checked and the document was not in either PDF or XPS format the document would not print. Issue was introduced in Printix Client version 1.3.938.0 and fixed in Printix Client version 1.3.972.0 and later.
- Documents submitted via Universal Print are tracked as 1-page documents.
- In this version and earlier, having more than 20 printers marked as favorites in Printix App may result in the Error message: Http failure response for (unknown url): 0 Unknown Error. To resolve open the Printers page and reduce the number of favorite printers by selecting the solid star to remove printer as favorite. Fix is pending development task (PP-6240).
- This version of Printix App on Android phones is represented by a generic Android icon instead of the Printix logo. Pending an update to third-party framework (PP-5211).
- This version and earlier of Printix App on iPhone 7 and above with iOS 13 or later, does NOT support register NFC tag. Pending an update to third-party framework (PP-5126).
- On Windows, when you open the Control Panel, Features and Programs and select Printix Client the Product version is that of the initially installed Printix Client.
- Translations are made with the use of Google Translate. Please inform us about improvements for translations.
Article is closed for comments.