Below Windows updates from March 9, 2021 has been confirmed by Microsoft as causing Blue Screen of Death when printing. Reports of printer failures include Kyocera, Ricoh, Zebra, and others.
- Windows 10 version 1803 — KB5000809 (OS Build 17134.2087)
- Windows 10 version 1809 — KB5000822 (OS Build 17763.1817)
- Windows 10 version 1909 — KB5000808 (OS Build 18363.1440)
- Windows 10 version 2004 — KB5000802 (OS Build 19041.867)
- Windows 10 version 20H2 — KB5000802 (OS Build 19042.867)
Microsoft has documented this as the below know issue:
- After installing this update, you might receive an APC_INDEX_MISMATCH error with a blue screen when attempting to print to certain printers in some apps.
According to Microsoft they are presently investigating and will provide an update when more information is available.
To fix role back to an earlier restore point on the computer or uninstall the update manually. To uninstall the update, follow these steps:
- Open Settings, select Update & Security, and then Windows Update.
- Select View update history.
- Select Uninstall updates.
- Locate the update and select Uninstall.
Article is closed for comments.