If Printix Go HP is not able to unlock an application and you get the message “The item is restricted” when you try to use the application, it may be because Printix Go HP does not know the application's ID.
To get the Application ID follow these steps
- Download and extract PermissionLoader.zip (see link at the bottom of this page)
- Obtain the printer's IP address (Example: 192.168.1.10) and the printer's administrator password.
- On your Windows computer select the Start icon and select in the Search box.
- Type cmd into the search box.
- Right-click Command Prompt in the search window and select Run as administrator.
- Change directory to the folder where you extracted content of the PermissionLoader.zip.
- Type: PermissionLoader 192.168.1.10 password > result.txt
Replace the 192.168.1.10 with the printer's IP address and the password with the printer's password.
- Attach the file result.txt to your existing support request together with the name of the application's you want to have whitelisted with Printix Go. Alternatively submit a support request first and submit, and then subsequently attach the result.txt file (you can not attach files when you initially create the support request).
The information will be passed on the Printix Go team. When Printix Go is updated, you will be notified via the support request. Thank you for your cooperation.
d6c8dbb4-0cea-4147-b8a7-0cffd9c3ca90 - Scan to Job Storage - [code=en-US, value=Scan to Job Storage]
573619b2-7527-48b7-9ef7-ea0dcca519b5 - Remote Scan Request - [code=en-US, value=Remote Scan Request]
917d4fe1-1471-36b7-935d-7b3bf1e16c58 - Print - [code=en-US, value=Print]
Article is closed for comments.