With Printix App version 1.2.22 (released 2018-12-28) we have made many changes. The changes may not look like much in the user interface, but under the hood we have made substantial changes to make it enterprise ready and provide users with an improved experience.
Note: If the new Printix App does not behave correctly in your web browser, then try to refresh the browser (Ctrl + F5)
- Mobile print. Printix App version 1.2.22 for Android and iOS is a prerequisite for mobile print support, which enables users to print to Printix managed printers from their Android and iOS phone and tablet.
- Selecting print queue. When you select a printer, you are now actually selecting one of the printer's print queues. In Printix Administrator you can see both a list of printers (the physical printer), and their print queues (print driver and configuration). For example, the ASD printer: Reception, may have two print queues: Reception and Reception Staple (the print driver has been configured to staple by default). Just like you have been selecting a print queue in Printix Client, you will also be selecting a print queue in Printix App version 1.2.22 and later.
- Secure print. Selecting print queue for Print anywhere documents is now more consistent for those cases, where the PDF document needs to be processed by a matching print driver. This is for example the case if the release printer does not support PDF or Process PDF is checked for the print queue. Print later documents are now listed with the print queue name.
- Enterprise ready. Enhanced to offer better support for enterprise installations with hundreds of printers. This is achieved by introducing a Printers page with Search and Filter function. This makes it easier to identify and select a print queue.
- Favorites. Whenever you select a new printer, it is automatically added to your list of favorites. The Last used is remembered and selected by default. Your favorite printers are NOT carried across from the old version, as in the version 1.2.22 and later your favorites are actually print queues and not printers as in the old version.
- Dynamically checking if printing is possible based on the availability of the selected printer and selected documents. Printix App now evaluates whether the selected documents are stored in the cloud or on a computer. If the document is stored on a computer that is not reachable from the selected printer, then the document is labelled: Document is unavailable. If Select all is used to select documents (including unavailable ones) the Unavailable documents dialog will appear, and you can click OK to deselect the unavailable documents.
- Same code base. Printix App version 1.2.22 is built on the same code base to give a more uniform experience in the web app and the native app for Android and iOS. For additional information refer to the updated: Printix User Manual
If you have any feedback or find issues with the version, then we encourage you to report this to us by submitting a support request. Please include as much detail as possible.
The Printix team