- Printix Client for Windows version 1.3.404.0.
- Printix Client for Mac version 1.3.395.0.
- Printix App version 1.3.3.
- Printix for Chromebook version 22.214.171.124.
- Improved document release security.
- If security compliance requires users to be at the printer to collect documents, you can now achieve this with Printix. On the new Secure print tab on the Settings page you can configure who Must print securely, who Must print later by default, and who Must scan QR code to release documents. These settings can be set for all users or selected users via group membership. Optionally you can check Allow direct print if offline, so users, who otherwise must print later, can print directly, while there is no connection to the Printix Cloud.
- Scan QR code to Print all matching documents. This way you do not have to first select documents, as scanning the QR code will print all your anywhere documents and any later documents for the printer that match the scanned QR code.
- When you release multiple documents, these are now printed together as one batch. This way, other users' documents will not be intermixed with your documents, and this reduces the risk of users mistakenly collecting other users' documents from the printer's output bin.
- Released documents are now printed in the order they appear on the list in the Printix App. The order is last in first out. To learn more and understand the few exceptions, please see the FAQ: Are documents printed in the order they were submitted.
- When printing from Chrome (Printix for Chromebook) it is now possible to select print method Print later. Not available if Print later is disabled, or if user Must print securely or Must print later by default.
- Transparent group management. You can now see which users and print queues are added to the synchronized groups. The new Group properties page's Print queues tab shows the print queues the group has been added to. The Users tab shows the users that are a member of the group.
- Discover printers is enhanced to support more printers, as it will now look for select data in both the Printer MIB and the Host Resources MIB.
- Citrix roaming user profiles are now supported.
- If there are no computers on unknown networks, Printix Administrator will now show the message: No computers on unknown networks. Before a three-dot spinner would appear forever.
- In the event of deployed updated web pages, the Printix Administrator would not always detect this, and would open with a white screen with the Printix logo. Printix Administrator is now able to detect when updated web pages are available, and depending on the page context, the user may see a Please refresh dialog once or the browser does a silent refresh.
- No longer necessary to request access to Printix Redirector, as it is now ready available.
- Finnish translations improved.
- Since 2019-05-02 the URL for automatic Printix software updated is https://software.printix.net instead of https://printix-software.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com.
- When printing large documents, the parsing algorithm could end in a state where it would introduce multiple 1-minute delays, resulting in slow printing. Seen at one customer using Canon UFR II print driver.
- Under very rare conditions not all documents were printed. This could occur if the printer was not able to handle the receive data quickly enough or was paused.
- Printing of cloud stored documents larger than 256 MB.
- Under very rare conditions the user could be asked to Sign in again. This could occur if the computer could not establish a connection to the Printix Cloud or if the computer took longer than expected to establish the network connection.
- Print driver configurations for HP print drivers now include paper size information.
- Printix Client for Mac sometimes reported version as 0.0.0.0.
- Print later not available in old Printix Client versions. See FAQ.
- On Windows, when you open the Control Panel, Features and Programs and select Printix Client the Product version is that of the initially installed Printix Client. This is also the case if you open Settings, Apps & features, and select Printix Client.
- Translations are made with the use of Google Translate. Please inform us about improvements for translations.
- This version of Printix Client (and other Printix software) is digitally signed with a new certificate because the previous certificate expired. This may cause Microsoft Windows Defender SmartScreen and similar software to prevent the Printix Client from installing unless you select More info and Run anyway. Once enough new installations have been made, the reputation of the certificate will become well-established and then Printix Client can be installed without these additional steps.
Please sign in to leave a comment.