We have received reports concerning issues with the latest version 2.0.21 of Printix App for Android. Sign in seems to not work for some customers. Our team is working to resolve the issue with a new version of the Printix App.
As a temporary work-around users of affected Android phones and tablets should uninstall Printix App version 2.0.21 and then download and install the previous version 2.0.19 of the Printix App.
- Uninstall version 2.0.21.
- On the Android phone open this announcement and select the link below to download the APK file with version 2.0.19 of the Printix App (15.2 MB):
If your phone/tablet has the OneDrive app installed, it might be necessary to hold-select the link, and select Open in incognito tab.
- Select Open.
- If using Chrome you may be presented with the message: For your security, your phone is not allowed to install unknown apps from this source.
Select Settings, and then select Allow from this source. Other browsers may show a similiar message.
- Select Install to the question: Do you want to install this application?
- Select Open when you see the message: App installed.
- Sign in to the Printix App as usual.
Note: If your organization is using Microsoft Endpoint Manager to deploy Printix App for Android, then you may want to use it to deploy version 2.0.19.
Update - 2021-12-01 15:13 CET
The coding to update the Printix App to use Android target API level 30 and Cordova Android version 10 has turned out to be a bigger task. It is expected to be completed on Friday December 3rd. After that will follow internal testing (2-3 days) and after that we will submit the new version to Google. We are now targeting having the new version available on Google Play by Friday December 10th.
When will a new version be available?
We expect to have a new version ready by December 10th. We will update this announcement as our team continues to work on the new version. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Q - Why can not you make version 2.0.19 available on Google Play
Google Play will now only accept a version made with Android target API level 30 or above. Printix App version 2.0.19 was made with Android target API level 29 and therefore is not accepted.
The Printix Team