- Printix Client for Windows version 1.3.1143.0.
- Printix Client for Mac version 1.3.1144.0.
- Printix App for Android version 2.1.6.
- Printix App for iOS/iPadOS version 2.1.6.
- Printix App for web version 2.1.6.
- Printix Chromebook version 18.104.22.168.
- Printix Go:
- Windows 11 support. Print drivers and print driver configurations for Windows 11 is the same for Windows 10 x64. On the Drivers tab on the Print queue properties page the new term Windows covers Windows 10 ×64 and Windows 11 (there is no Windows 11 ×32). This is to reflect that print drivers and print driver configurations for Windows 11 are the same for Windows 10 ×64. It is only after update to Printix Client version 1.3.1101.0 or later, that a Windows 11 computer is listed as a Windows 11 system. Otherwise, it is listed as a Windows 10 x64 system.
- Windows Server 2022 support. On the Drivers tab on the Print queue properties page the term Windows Server covers Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019, and Windows Server 2022. On the Computers page (after an update to Printix Client version 1.3.1101.0 or later) the computers will now be listed as Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019 and Windows Server 2022 respectively. Before they were listed as Windows Server system without the version year.
- On the Printers page you can now control what printer information should be shown by selecting the appropriate View mode:
This what you see today. An overview of printers, their status and location. Columns:
- Queues, Status, Network, Address, Created, and Location.
Useful if you are using SNMP settings and different protocols. Columns:
- Status, Network, Address, MAC address, SNMP configuration, and Protocol.
- Printix Go
Useful for managing Printix Go on your printers. Columns:
- Status, Installation, Vendor, Go version, Go configuration, and Sign in profile.
Create your own customized view mode with the printer information you select.
- Printix Go Sign in dialog now features an eye icon that can be selected to show the digits of the entered ID code and PIN code. For security reasons dots are shown by default.
With the new print queue setting Exempt from secure print organizations who otherwise wish to enforce secure print can now exempt selected print queues from this. This is relevant for label printers, printers in private offices, and printers setup with the Printix Redirector to submit documents into Kofax Control Suite and third party Follow/Pull printing solutions. New registration of Home office print queues are automatically Exempt from secure print.
- Enhanced Allow computer to lookup users to support Azure Virtual Desktop/Azure AD DS environments.
- Printix Go Konica Minolta now support Sign in with card.
- Printix Go Ricoh has faster Sign in with ID code and PIN code. Improvement is most noticeable on older Ricoh printers (SOP Generation 2).
- In Printix App for iOS/iPadOS the AirPrint password can now be copied to clipboard by selecting the Copy button.
- Printix App on iPhone 7 and above with iOS 13 or later, now support Register NFC tag.
- Printix App for Android and iOS/iPadOS. Under rare circumstances spinner was left running forever, requiring a restart.
- Printix App for Android and iOS/iPadOS. Selecting Printer ID method did not always open the page as expected.
- Printix App for Android version 2.1.5. Sign in with another method (including Okta, OneLogin and Email) did not work and would just present a screen with the title Sign in.
- Printix App for Android 2.1.5 and 2.1.6:
- Diagnostics page is now included (was excluded in previous version 2.1.2).
- Dark mode (black theme) is now ignored completely as texts and graphics would otherwise be hard to read.
- QR code scanning could appear broken with camera view blocked with a solid dark background. Scanning did however work if camera was pointed to the QR code. The background became solid dark after the first restart of the Printix App after installation.
- Sign in blocked by spinner. Printix App no longer publishes auth.printix.net in Supported web addresses. Happened if the user was presented with an Open with question and then selected Printix App instead of browser. The Open with question is not asked with this version, as Printix App does not publish auth.printix.net in Supported web addresses. There is no need for the work-around, where the user would: 1) On the phone open Settings. 2) Select Apps. 3) Select Printix App. 4) Select Set as default. 5) Select Open supported links. 6) Select In other app.
- If the Printix Chromebook configuration file configures tenant and tenantID, this will be used if a user selects Sign in.
- Resolve issue with Printix Redirector and printing of documents larger than 2 Gb.
- Mac computers running macOS 11 BigSur are now reported as macOS 11 instead of macOS 10.16. Mac computers running macOS 12 Monterey are now reported as macOS 12 instead of macOS 10.17.
- Printix Client version 1.3.1099.0 would not install printers on Windows 11 and selecting Printers... on the Printix Client menu would open window with no printers and the text: No printers to add.
- SNMPv3 configuration with SHA encryption corrected.
- Printix Client with improved loading of third-party components.
- Printix Client cached list of printers (print queues) could under rare circumstances get corrupted and end up emtpy. Signing out and in of Printix Client or restarting the Printix Service would solve the issue.
- Printix Client version 1.3.1113.0 (from 2022-03-10) and later prevents remote code execution (RCE) as reported in vulnerability CVE-2022-25089.
- Printix Client MSI package version 1.3.1139.0 (from 2022-03-14) and later addresses vulnerability CVE-2022-25090. If you are deploying the MSI via Microsoft Endpoint Manager or a similiar tool, you are strongly advised to update the MSI file to use version 1.3.1143.0 (from 2022-03-19) or later
- Printix Client version 1.3.1139.0 the Printix Service did not always start after an update. A restart of the computer solved the problem. Fixed in Printix Client version 1.3.1143.0.
When will your Printix Client be updated?
Over the next couple of weeks we will be updating existing customers to Printix Client version 1.3.1143.0 (from 2022-03-19). All new customer has been given this version since 2022-03-21. If you want the update to happen sooner rather than later, then please submit a support request from within your Printix Administrator (that way we automatically get the name of your Printix home).
See also: How to see the version of Printix Client.
- Sign in is not automatic first time on Azure AD joined computers running Windows 11, Windows Server 2019 and Windows Server 2022. Resolved with Printix Client version 1.3.1145.0.
- On Windows Server 2019 and Windows Server 2022 the computer type is reported as Desktop and not as Server. Resolved with Printix Client version 1.3.1145.0.
- If you get a blank screen or are no longer able to access the Printix Administrator (acme.printix.net/admin), then you should clear browsing data.
- Documents submitted via Universal Print are tracked as 1-page documents.
- On Windows, when you open the Control Panel, Features and Programs and select Printix Client the Product version is that of the initially installed Printix Client.
- Translations are made with the use of Google Translate. Please inform us about improvements for translations.