Printers and print queues added following the completed scheduled maintenance Sunday 25 September 2022 07:00 (CEST) temporarily disappeared today Thursday 29 September between 07:50 and 09:30 (CEST).
- 2022-09-29 11:30 (CEST)
This announcement is published and marked as resolved.
- 2022-09-30 14:00 (CEST)
The ongoing job of manually copying printers and print queues (action below) was completed yesterday (2022-09-29) afternoon at 14:33 (CEST).
The root cause of this incident was as misconfiguration of the Printer Manager Service making it point to the old database that was in use prior to the scheduled maintenance 2022-09-25.
As can be seen from the actions below, we have restore data. However, modifications made to existing printers and print queues between 07:50 and 09:30 will have to be redone.
Please also observe, that any Printix Client where any of the temporarily missing print queues were installed manually will have to have these print queues added again. See also:
- How to add printers (Printix User Manual)
- Add printers in Printix Client (Printix Administrator Manual)
- How to automatically add and remove print queues (Printix Administrator Manual)
- Make the Printer Manager Service point to the new and correct database, and thereby bring back the printers and print queues that where missing (Completed).
- Manually copy the printers and print queues that were added between 07:50 and 09:30 to the new database (Completed).
- Correct configuration scripts so the old database does not get referenced in the future (Completed).
The Printix Team